Glass Ceiling Discrimination in Georgia and Florida
“Glass ceiling” refers to the unofficial and invisible barriers that often prevent female employees, ethnic and religious minorities, people of color, and other historically disadvantaged groups from rising to high-level executive positions.
If you believe that your career advancement has stalled because of your gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation, call our team at The Leach Firm at (844) 722-7567. Our experienced, diverse legal team helps Florida and Georgia employees build powerful glass ceiling discrimination cases.
Proving Glass Ceiling Discrimination
Every glass ceiling discrimination case starts with the basics. As the employee and plaintiff, you must show that:
- You are a member of a protected group (like women, minorities, or people of color)
- Your qualifications matched the promotion you applied for
- The person selected for the position had similar or lesser qualifications
The challenging part in glass ceiling cases is proving the employer’s intent of discrimination. The employer will claim that they refused to advance you for purely professional reasons, like lack of leadership skills or insufficient experience.
Our skilled legal team can help you compile and present evidence of promotion discrimination. For example, we can work to prove that:
- Your employer favored a candidate with significantly inferior qualifications compared to yours
- Your employer gave inconsistent or implausible reasons for refusing to promote you
- Male or non-minority employees in positions similar to yours received preferential treatment, like leadership training or access to better resources
Compensation for Glass Ceiling Discrimination
Every glass ceiling discrimination lawsuit is unique, and it is hard to predict what compensation you might expect. A Georgia or Florida court may rule that your employer must pay:
- Back pay and compensatory damages
- Make-whole relief—i.e., placing you in the position you should have rightfully occupied
- Punitive damages
- Attorney’s fees and litigation costs
Why Work With Us at The Leach Firm?
It is vital to choose the right attorney when you fight discrimination against women and minorities. This is what makes The Leach Firm a top-rated law office for all types of workplace discrimination claims:
- Our aggressive representation. We use all available legal tools to help our clients break through the glass ceiling.
- Our experience and competence. We know how employment law works and how to turn it to your advantage in a glass ceiling lawsuit.
- Our stellar track record. Our results-driven lawyers have recovered millions for clients across Florida and Georgia.
- Our personal approach. As a diverse law firm, we go the extra mile to fight workplace discrimination.
- Our full transparency. We are upfront and honest about what you can expect in your discrimination case. We are always available to answer your questions and provide updates.
The Leach Firm, P.A.: We Help Georgia and Florida Workers Fight Promotion Discrimination
Do you qualify for promotions but keep getting rejections? Do other candidates with similar or lesser qualifications bypass you in the climb up the corporate ladder? You may be a victim of glass ceiling discrimination.
Our team at The Leach Firm, P.A., can help you determine whether you have grounds for a promotion discrimination lawsuit. Call us at (844) 722-7567 24/7 for a free case evaluation. We have offices in Atlanta, GA, and Winter Park, FL.