Unpaid Wage Lawyers Serving Florida and Georgia

Want to Speak with an Employment Lawyer?
  • Can I be fired for filing a case against my employer?
  • If I file a claim, will I have trouble getting another job?
  • Should I file with EEOC before consulting an attorney?
  • How much is my case worth?
  • How long do I have to file a claim?
  • Why should I get an attorney?

As an employee, your wages are protected by both federal and state laws. However, employers do not always follow the rules. Whether violations are caused by mistakes or deliberate attempts to take advantage of workers, those workers still suffer the loss of fair pay. Fortunately, the laws provide ways to address the problems and recover compensation for the pay you’ve been denied.

If you believe your employer has not paid you fully for your work in violation of the law, the unpaid wages lawyers at The Leach Firm are ready to help. We can determine whether your employer violated any federal or state laws. Then we will build an effective case to fight for the remedies you deserve.

Different Reasons Workers May Be Receiving Less Than They Should

Employers can violate wage laws in a variety of ways. These might include:

  • Failure to pay minimum wage
  • Not compensating employees for earned vacation time
  • Failure to pay overtime wages
  • Having employees perform work off the clock
  • Failure to pay promised commissions or bonuses
  • Not paying employees for shorter break periods
  • Holding onto a final paycheck or delaying payments

You deserve to receive fair wages for the time you work. Many employees believe they are not entitled to overtime pay, for instance, because they are paid on the basis of an annual salary rather than an hourly wage. However, federal law doesn’t see it that way. Unless your job meets specific requirements, you are entitled to overtime pay if you work more than 40 hours in a workweek.

Frequently Asked Questions About Unpaid Wages