Are you a construction industry worker struggling with a worker’s compensation claim in Florida or Georgia? Contact a construction accidents lawyer at The Leach Firm, P.A. We are ready to help with workers’ compensation claims from our offices in Orlando, FL, and Atlanta, GA. Call us at 844-722-7567 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Common Causes of Workers Compensation Claims in the Construction Industry
Construction industry workers are prone to certain injuries due to workplace hazards. Common causes of injuries in construction include:
- Falling from ladders, scaffolding, or other high places
- Structure collapse, including walls, ceilings, pipes, trenches, etc.
- Defective tool malfunctions
- Tools and heavy equipment injuries and accidents
- Chemical or hazardous materials exposure
- Electrocution or burns
- Inadequate safety training or provision of safety equipment
Due to these reasons and more, construction workers are at higher risk than workers in many other industries. The highest risk is for employees of small construction firms, where 75% of all construction-worker fall deaths occur.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Construction Industry Statistics
OSHA tracks several statistics related to worker safety and standards. Some statistics that workers should know include:
- 5,333 workers died in 2019 while working (an average of nearly 15 deaths per day)
- 1,061 of those deaths (19.9% of all worker deaths) were in construction
- Of the top 10 most-cited OSHA standards between October 1, 2020, and September 30, 2021, five were in construction
- The most-cited construction violations included fall protection, ladders, scaffolding, fall protection training, and eye and face protection
Falls are the most common injury in construction, resulting in 36.4% of all construction worker deaths in 2019.
For help with pursuing compensation for injuries from falling at work in construction, contact a construction accidents lawyer at our law firm.
Personal Injury Lawsuits to Protect Construction Worker Rights
At our law firm, our personal injury lawyers can help you seek compensation for your injuries. We can help you build a case against the party liable for your injuries, whether it was:
- the construction company you work for
- a manager or supervisor
- a third-party vendor or subcontractor
- an equipment manufacturer
While building your case, we can help you protect your rights as an injured worker. Your employer may not fire you or retaliate for filing a worker’s compensation claim.
However, your employer does not have to hold your position for you to return to work if and when you are able.
If you cannot return to work in construction after an injury, your state Worker’s Compensation office should pay for reemployment services. We have over 18 years of experience with personal injury lawsuits for injured workers in Florida and Georgia.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers at The Leach Firm, P.A. in Atlanta and Orlando
When dealing with a worker’s compensation claim or personal injury lawsuit for a construction injury, be sure you have an experienced construction accidents lawyer on your side. Our personal injury lawyers at The Leach Firm, P.A., have helped clients with workers’ compensation claims in Florida and Georgia since 2004. Call us today at 844-722-7567 or contact us online to get a free case evaluation.