Gratuity in Orlando, FL
Employees in the service industry form the backbone of our great nation, and our law firm is dedicated to ensuring they receive the fair legal treatment they deserve. If you work at a restaurant and feel you have been mistreated, your employer might have broken the law. We are here to fight for your rights. While your employer may not want you to know it, you have rights as a worker.
There are real legal consequences when those rights have been trampled on, so turn to The Leach Firm, P.A. when you’ve faced any issues with receiving your fair amount of gratuity. In Orlando, FL, our more than 15 years of litigation experience has taught us the proper ways to enforce and defend claims regarding such restaurant violations. Reach out to our lawyer at your earliest convenience to fight for the justice that you deserve, and we’ll be glad to stand up for you.
Helpful Tips for Tipped Employees
Restaurants have the responsibility to ensure that their employees receive at least minimum wage over the course of each shift. If they fail to do so, or if they give portions of the tip pool to non-tipped employees, then you need to get in touch with our lawyer to set things straight. While tipped employees make less than minimum wage, it is assumed by law that you will still earn at least minimum wage after your tips are added to your total pay.
You Should Never Go Unpaid for the Work You Do
We fight for the little guy, not for the big businesses that take advantage of the little guy. You no longer have to be powerless when you have our legal staff by your side. The handling and payment of your tips are highly regulated by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), so you can count on us to fight for you if your employer has committed any of the following:
- Adjusting Your Clock-In & Clock-Out Times
- Charging You for Cash Register Shortages
- Charging You for Customers Who Break Tableware
- Charging You for Customers Who ‘Dine-&-Dash’
- Deducting Your Tips below the Cash Wage in a Tip Pool
- Failing to Calculate Your Overtime Pay on the Full Minimum Wage
- Failing to Give You a Paycheck
- Failing to Give You Notice of Tip Credit or Tip Pool Deductions
- Failing to Pay the Difference between “Cash Wage” & Minimum Wage during Your Slow Shifts
- Failing to Pay You Full Minimum Wage for Excess Side Work
- Failing to Pay You Full Minimum Wage when a Service Charge is Imposed
- Sharing Tip Pool with Non-Tipped Employees
Arm Yourself with the Knowledge You Need
When restaurants take advantage of employees, they take advantage of ignorance of the law. Get in touch with our lawyer to let your employer know that you understand your rights and you’re ready to fight for them. Our experienced legal staff knows how the system works, so we’re here to make it work for you. Se Habla Español.
Contact our staff to learn more about your gratuity rights. We provide legal service to clients in Orlando, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Apopka, and Clermont, Florida, and the surrounding areas.