Employees in the service industry form the backbone of our great nation, and The Leach Firm, P.A. is dedicated to ensuring these employees receive the fair legal treatment they deserve. If you work at a restaurant and feel you have been mistreated, your employer might have broken the law. While your employer may not want you to know it, you have rights as a worker. Our unpaid wages lawyer in Kissimmee, FL, is here to fight for those rights.
There are real legal consequences when your rights have been trampled on, so turn to The Leach Firm, P.A. when you have faced any issues with receiving your fair amount of gratuity. We have more than 15 years of litigation experience and understand the proper ways to enforced and defend claims regarding such restaurant violations. Reach out to our employment discrimination lawyer in Orlando, FL, to fight for the justice you deserve. We will be glad to stand up for you.
Helpful Tips for Tipped Employees
Restaurants have the responsibility to ensure that their employees receive at least minimum wage over the course of each shift. If they fail to do so, or if they give portions of the tip pool to non-tipped employees, then you need to get in touch with our lawyer to set things straight. While tipped employees make less than minimum wage, it is assumed by law that you will still earn at least minimum wage after your tips are added to your total pay.
You Should Never Be Unpaid for the Work You Do
Our unpaid wages lawyer in Kissimmee, FL, fights for the little guy – not for the big businesses that take advantage of them. You no longer have to be powerless when you have our legal staff by your side. The handling and payment of your tips are highly regulated by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). You can count on The Leach Firm, P.A. to fight for you if your employer has committed any of the following:
- Adjusting Your Clock-In & Clock-Out Times
- Charging You for Cash Register Shortages
- Charging You for Customers Who Break Tableware
- Charging You for Customers Who ‘Dine-&-Dash’
- Deducting Your Tips below the Cash Wage in a Tip Pool
- Failing to Calculate Your Overtime Pay on the Full Minimum Wage
- Failing to Give You a Paycheck
- Failing to Give You Notice of Tip Credit or Tip Pool Deductions
- Failing to Pay the Difference between “Cash Wage” & Minimum Wage during Your Slow Shifts
- Failing to Pay You Full Minimum Wage for Excess Side Work
- Failing to Pay You Full Minimum Wage when a Service Charge is Imposed
- Sharing Tip Pool with Non-Tipped Employees
Arm Yourself with the Knowledge You Need
When restaurants take advantage of employees, they take advantage of the ignorance of the law. Contact our employment law attorney in Orlando, FL, to let your employer know that you understand your rights. Our experienced legal staff knows how the system works, so we are here to make it work for you. Se Habla Español.
Contact our staff at The Leach Firm, P.A. to learn more about your gratuity rights. We provide legal services to clients in Orlando, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Apopka, and Clermont, Florida, as well as the surrounding areas.