The Leach Firm, P.A. is your dedicated personal injury lawyer in Orlando, FL, which is why we strive to educate our clients on important steps they can take to help build their case. When you have been injured due someone else’s negligence or wrongful act, it is important to document thoroughly to increase your chances of receiving just compensation to cover medical expenses. Below we offer helpful steps to take after you have been injured.
- The first thing you should do after being injured is to notify the police. It is vital to obtain a copy of the police report as evidence of the accident when building your personal injury case.
- Collecting clear and concise documentation will help you build a strong and effective case. If you are able, it is best to write down everything you can remember about the accident right after the incident occurs, since it is fresh in your mind.
- We highly recommend taking pictures of your surroundings, injuries, and anyone else that was injured.
- After you have been injured, you should promptly see a doctor. The doctor can properly evaluate your injuries and can provide you with helpful documentation.
- Since a personal injury case can take a while to solve, it is important to save all medical bills and receipts during the recovery period.
Contact our personal injury lawyer in Orlando, FL, at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a consultation.