Our personal injury lawyers in Apopka, FL, at The Leach Firm, P.A. is your trusted legal source if you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence. Our firm is dedicated to helping our clients fight for their legal rights in order for them to receive just financial compensation for their expenses and injuries. When you have been in a car accident, we understand this can be an overwhelming experience, but it is important to remember a few things that you should avoid to help your case.
After you have been in an accident, it is vital you do not leave the scene even if the accident was not your fault. When drivers leave the scene, they can be charged with a hit and run, even if it was the other person’s fault. If you are able, it is important to get out of your vehicle to check to see if anyone else was hurt. This is also the time to exchange information, such as insurance items, to help speed up the process for the police.
It is vital to never forget to contact the police in the event of a car accident. In order to have a strong personal injury case, having a proper police report will allow your accident to be documented and can help prove that the driver was negligent.
Contact our personal injury lawyer in Apopka, FL, at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a consultation.
The Leach Firm, P.A. is your dedicated personal injury lawyer in Orlando, FL, which is why we strive to educate our clients on important steps they can take to help build their case. When you have been injured due someone else’s negligence or wrongful act, it is important to document thoroughly to increase your chances of receiving just compensation to cover medical expenses. Below we offer helpful steps to take after you have been injured.
- The first thing you should do after being injured is to notify the police. It is vital to obtain a copy of the police report as evidence of the accident when building your personal injury case.
- Collecting clear and concise documentation will help you build a strong and effective case. If you are able, it is best to write down everything you can remember about the accident right after the incident occurs, since it is fresh in your mind.
- We highly recommend taking pictures of your surroundings, injuries, and anyone else that was injured.
- After you have been injured, you should promptly see a doctor. The doctor can properly evaluate your injuries and can provide you with helpful documentation.
- Since a personal injury case can take a while to solve, it is important to save all medical bills and receipts during the recovery period.
Contact our personal injury lawyer in Orlando, FL, at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a consultation.
As an owner, operator, and manager, it is your legal responsibility to maintain your property for the safety of others. If you have been hurt on someone’s property due to their negligence of dangerous and unsafe conditions on their land, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and suffering. Below we feature the most common premises liability cases.
- Attractive nuisance cases that feature landowners liable for hidden traps or defects on their property that attract and injure children. Examples of this would be abandoned pools, trampolines, playgrounds, and buildings.
- Slip and fall accidents that involve negligence that involves tripping or slipping on an object or substance that is not clearly marked to warn others.
- Hazing incidents caused by fraternity and sorority clubs.
- Negligent security cases that include assault or battery in places of business. Most common areas of negligent security include parking garages, parking lots, hotels, and more.
These are just a few examples of accidents that could potentially happen on your property. The Leach Firm, P.A., strives to utilize our knowledge of premises liability cases and the applicable Florida laws governing premises liability lawsuits to create effective and compelling cases that fight for your rights. Contact us today at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a free consultation with our personal injury lawyer in Apopka, FL.
When you believe you have been the victim of misconduct in the workplace, look to the Leach Firm, P.A. to provide legal guidance to protect your rights. Employment discrimination against color, race, religion, sex, or national origin is considered unlawful and unacceptable. If you feel discrimination in the workplace is present and your employer failed to address the issue or inadequately handled the incident, our employment discrimination lawyer in Orlando, FL, can help represent your rights in a compelling case. Below we include common ways your employer may display discrimination in the workplace.
- Hiring & Firing
- Classification of Employees
- Job Duty Transfer
- Retirement Plans
- Payment of Wages
- Disability Leave
- Other Terms & Conditions of Employment
Unfair treatment in the workplace by employers is a common issue of employment discrimination. Whether your employer is showing favoritism to a certain employee or treats other employee’s cruelly, it is important these employment practices are brought to an end. We encourage you to consult our firm today to help you understand your legal rights. Contact us today at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a free consultation. We provide legal service to clients in Orlando, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Apopka, and Clermont, Florida, and the surrounding areas.
When it comes to riding a bicycle, whether you are going on a joy ride in the park or racing in a triathlon, it is always important to partake in safety precautions for yourself and others. At The Leach Firm, we are dedicated to helping our clients fight for their rights and receive the just compensation they deserve if they become injured in a bicycle accident. Below we offer bicycle safety tips that should be followed at all times.
- Always wear a helmet every time you ride your bike. A helmet is a simple addition to your outfit that could save your life.
- Similar to driving a car, it is vital you obey all traffic laws, road signs, and traffic lights.
- In order to be visible to other drivers on the road, always wear reflective gear at night and ride in the designated bike lanes.
- Always assume drivers do not see you. We recommend using hand signals and making eye contact with drivers to help keep you safe on the road when turning.
- Ride with the flow of traffic and always travel in the same direction as vehicles.
- We recommend regularly checking your bike for needed repairs and maintenance issues.
- Do not listen to music while riding your bike to hear your surroundings for safety reasons.
If you need to speak to our experienced personal injury lawyer in Orlando, FL, contact our office today at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a free consultation.
When it comes to driving, regardless of your destination, the unfortunate reality is you are at risk of being involved in an accident. At The Leach Firm, our firm will work hard to fight for your rights and help you receive the just compensation you deserve. Below we list common causes of automotive accidents to help raise awareness that could save a life.
- Smart Devices
Playing with your smart device while driving, whether that is texting and driving or taking a selfie on your camera, has become a top cause of car accidents. Looking down at your phone or tablet for even a second can result in a crash. We encourage our clients to put their phones down while operating their vehicle.
Rain is a primary concern while driving because it hinders visibility and road conditions. Rain is a top cause of car accidents due to drivers hydroplaning and skidding when braking. If the rain is too heavy to drive in, we urge our clients to pull over on the side of the road with their hazards on until the weather passes.
If you have been hurt in an accident, look to our personal injury lawyer in Apopka, FL. Contact us today at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a free consultation.
At The Leach Firm, we understand that drivers are expected to obey safety laws and grant pedestrians the right of way, but often time’s drivers become careless and fail to operate their vehicles safely. Our personal injury lawyer in Orlando, FL is here to help you by providing superior legal representation and safety tips. Below we discuss three safety tips for pedestrians.
- Be Visible
Wearing light and reflective clothing is a great way to help you stand out to drivers. We recommend walking in well-lit areas, along sidewalks, and crossing over on crosswalks when available.
- Stay Alert
Being cautious and aware of your surroundings is vital. Opting to stay off your smart device will help you be mindful of the cars around you. We suggest not listening to music while running or walking alongside the street to ensure you can hear all horns.
- Follow the Rules of the Road
Pedestrians are just as responsible as drivers when it comes to understanding traffic laws, signs, and signals. It is best to never assume a driver can see you.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Seek The Leach Firm for quality legal representation. Contact us today at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a free consultation.
There is nothing better than feeling the wind in your hair while riding on the open road. At The Leach Firm, we strive to help our clients stay safe while enjoying the things that they love. Our dedicated personal injury lawyer in Apopka, FL offers superior legal representation and helpful tips to stay safe while driving your motorcycle. Below we list must have safety gear every motorcyclist should own.
- Motorcycle Helmet
A full-face helmet is an essential investment when owning a bike. Helmets protect your face, brain, and eyes in case of an accident.
- Leather Gloves
Full finger leather gloves are a great addition to your biking uniform because they protect your skin and could save a finger in an accident. When drivers are in a crash, often they are launched off their bike and forced to use their hands as a way to break their fall.
- Leather Jacket
The leather is a durable material that can help protect your skin from getting scratched from the hard pavement in case of an accident. Additionally, a leather jacket will also make you look cool while riding your bike.
- Motorcycle Boots
Incorporating over the ankle boots into your riding uniform will provide added traction while driving and will protect the bones in your feet.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, our personal injury lawyer in Apopka, FL is here to help you. Contact us today at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a free consultation.
The food and restaurant industry presents many situations that can result in a serious slip and fall accident. From the slippery kitchen where dishes are washed to carrying food and drink trays across the room, slip and fall accidents can result in bodily harm and permanent impairment. Below we list three preventative steps to avoid a slip and fall accident.
- To avoid a harmful slip and fall accident, we strongly recommend wearing non-slip footwear that is appropriate for the restaurant industry. Non-slip footwear is an excellent addition to your uniform because it helps alleviate falls during work and can protect your feet from harmful objects found in the kitchen.
- It is vital for restaurant owners to warn workers and guests of areas that are sloped or problematic, such as uneven stairs, with signs or warning cones. Additionally, restaurant owners should place caution cones around spills and messes that can result in a harmful slip and fall accident.
- We recommend hiring staff members that are solely dedicated to ensuring the kitchen of your restaurant is clean and safe for servers and staff.
If you have been injured on the job due to the property owner’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact our personal injury lawyer in Orlando, FL at (321) 445-9410 to schedule a free consultation.
Welcome to The Leach Firm Blog. Carlos Leach is the founder of the Leach Firm, P.A and is your dedicated employment law attorney in Orlando, FL, and surrounding areas. Mr. Leach helps represent individuals on a wide variety of cases, such as personal injury, employment, wage and hour, worker’s compensation, and more. Check below to learn more in-depth about our practice areas.
- Personal Injury
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, Mr. Leach can represent you to pursue a favorable outcome regarding your legal rights. We help individuals who have suffered from a car accident, pedestrian accident, wrongful death, motorcycle accident, slip and fall accident, dog bites, punitive damages, and more.
If you have been mistreated in the workplace, our dedicated attorney will work to protect your legal rights. We represent individuals and provide legal services for the following employment areas: wrongful termination, discrimination, gender discrimination, sexual harassment, employer retaliation, worker’s compensation, overtime and minimum wage violations, and more.
We are dedicated to helping our clients receive the representation and compensation they deserve. If you are interested in scheduling a free consultation with our attorney, Carlos Leach, to discuss your legal situation, contact us today at (321) 445-9410.